Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dear Santa...

The big jolly old man found me all the way in Qatar, a country that does not celebrate Christmas.  Although, having holiday tunes on the elevator and the decorations at the Pearl certainly helped to get in the Christmas spirit.  If I was going to write a wish list to Mr. S. Clause, I would put 3 things on there....#1. spend the holiday with my husband



 #2. chocolate #3. more workout stuff.  I was lucky Santa thought I was a good girl this year, because I got all 3!  Tim arrived on December 23rd.  Christmas morning I found the following stuffed in my stocking that traveled all the way from Houston to Doha just in the nick of time for Christmas.  Santa brought me several different types of chocolate to feed my sweet tooth.  And to feed my other obsession, working out, he also brought me a jump rope and a resistance band. Thanks Santa!



For Christmas dinner, my English co-worker graciously hosted.  We celebrated with at least 5 different nationalities, learned about each others customs, and commemorated the English way. After the 1st course, we popped open these pop things, which contained a red crown, a small prize, and a cheeky Christmas joke.  We went around the table telling our not-so-funny jokes and wore our crowns with pride. We filled our bellys with turkey, vegetable tart, stuffing balls, roasted vegetables, homemade cheesecake, and traditional English bread pudding. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment