Saturday, January 22, 2011

The "Lo-bee", "cot" and "pillow"

Just spent the weekend in Abu Dhabi with my good friend and MIL (mother-in-law). As anyone knows who has traveled internationally, part of the fun is the language barrier. Even though we are in the Middle East, English is widely spoke.  So you would think we would have no problems communicating.....


"Lo-Bee"-Aka "lobby"

"Pillow"-Katie-"Yes, hello, can I get an extra pillow to room 306". 
             Man on the other end-"Pillow????"
             Katie-"Yes, a pillow"
             Man on the other end-"Pillow??"
             Katie-"Yes, a head cloud"

"Cot"-Katie "Can we get a roll-away or a cot to room 306?"
           Lady at the desk-"Sure, no problem".
           5 min later in the room-Much to our amazement.....

2 comments:

  1. LMAO, You guys are having way TOO much fun without me ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! In Australia I would have asked for a cot for my baby. I never got used to saying crib when we moved to North America and I was always confused when adults told me they slept "on" a cot????

    Very funny to see it working both ways.

    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete