Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Really? Really!

Sorry I have been absent for a while, but I have been back in the US for the past week. Last Thursday I took the 15 hour and 45 min flight from Doha, Qatar to Houston, Texas.The flight left at 9am Doha time (1am Houston). I tried to stay-up all night to help with the jet lag. My plans were to arrive in Houston on Thursday evening and leave for Chicago on Friday morning. I needed to be well rested because my husband and I were running the Chicago Marathon.  All of that aside, I was looking forward to (AND needed) a nice relazing flight to the States. 

Picture this:  I am sitting in seat 14C, as isle seat.  I was all worried about who might sit next to me. I should have been worried who was sitting in 11A, 11E,  and 19E.  Lucky for me and all the other adults on the plane, those seats were occupied with screaming, whaling children.  It was like a choir of crying, one would start and then others would join like a nicely organzied round of tears. 

You may be asking where were the parents? Sitting right next to them. I understand tough love or the Focker method, but a 15 hour plane ride is not the time to try it out on your children. Really! If you just let you children wail and scream at home, fine. The rest of us on the plane (who were making faces that you could not see) suggest another parenting method for plane rides. Really!  If you are going to let your children cry at ear piercing tunes, then at least provide the rest of us with noice reducing headphones, Really!

Really? Really!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like they were just helping you stay awake like you wanted. Really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THen it sounds like Candy and I are coming to visit solo!

    ReplyDelete