Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pink Pumps Goes Global!



I had such a great time in Turkey. Istanbul is a beautiful city with a lot to see and do.  We visited the Hagnia Sophia, several different Mosques, Topaki Palace , shopping, eating, etc. We had none stop fun from the time I landed to the time I flew out.  It was amazing to see the differences between the two Muslim countries.  Qatari women wear abaya's where Turkish women wear scarfs over their heads.  Qataris men do not traditionally talk to foreign women, where Turkish men are VERY forward.  Qatar is not crowded and Doha is very much a car city. 

Istanbul is overly crowded and has a developed public transportation system.  Qatar is sand and water, Istanbul is full of trees and people.  The store keepers in Qatar are very nice and customer focused.  The store keepers in Istanbul can be very forceful, especially this one carpet salesman who was yelling at my friend and I for not buying a rug in his shop. Both counties are uniquely different. Can't wait to continue my travels to new and exciting places!





My best souvenir from Istanbul, my new pink pumps....

No comments:

Post a Comment