Saturday, August 21, 2010

What do groceries say in Doha...".Weeee"

Every weekend I head out to the grocery store with optimism to find chocolate chips (I have been here 6 weeks, only found them once.  Score: Doha 5, Courtney 1) and the skepticism of "its Doha".  This weekend was no different. A friend and I ventured all the way to Villagio only to find all those stores still closed at 4pm and the indoor gondola ride all dried up.  Our saving grace was the the Big "C" (aka Carrefour-sure I misspelled that). After an hour going  up and down the isles with my shopping (I mean "wish") list, we left with 6 bags  a piece.Once we get home, it is the inevitable adventure to get all the bags up to the 2nd floor.  However, thanks to the great staff at the Pearl, my groceries ride in style, the gold style....

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha....lovin' your grocery cart! Can't believe we spent the weekend apart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Mega Mart by the Ramada in The Centre for chocolate chips?

    ReplyDelete