Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Safety & Scrambled Eggs

First things first-safety. That is at least the moto in Qatar and on the Pearl project. Doha is a relativly young city with a majority of the buildings currently under construction. "Safety first" signs are abundent at the differnt construction sites. Safety is equally important at Shell. I went through the safety induction for the site. I was given a blue onsie Nomex PPE (personal protective equipment), a floresent yellow safety vest, a yellow hard hat, and safety boots. I was a little skeptical of the "rental" gear so I put them over my street clothes. I did even more skeptical of the rental boots. Luckily for me, I was able to fit my shoes inside the boots. After I got thought putting om the Put it all together and you have me sitting in a classroom barely able to flift my leg because my foot was so heavey. If Only I had a camera...


Now to scrambled eggs. Sybil and her hubby took me to Ricks Kountry Kitchen. What a hole in the wall-teal walls and all. The food is total comfort food down to the hash browns and texas toast. I did find a few things that made me feel at home...





2 comments:

  1. Gotta love those greasy hash browns, just minus the bacon :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm interesting!! where is this restaurant?

    ReplyDelete