Thursday, November 11, 2010

EID Holiday

This coming Monday marks the second EID holiday in Qatar, which means four days off of work!  I find it interesting the striking differences between the expat rituals and the local Qatari traditions around the EID holidays.  For expats, we vacate the country to either make a trip back home or to go exotic locations such as Dubai, India, Bali, Maldives, KL, Egypt or Greece.  As for the locals, the EID holiday is a time to pray, gather with family, buy new clothes, and celebrate. 

The last EID holiday, I visited Turkey and back home.  This EID, my parents are coming. We have a lot of fun activities scheduled, such as going to the Souk and a safari adventure.  I looking forward to spending my EID holiday with my family and having a sneak peak into the local customs of the Muslim culture.

Stay tuned....sure there is lots to come in my pink pumps!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog about Qatar :) Do you have any tips for people looking for work in the area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends what you are looking for? Have you visited www.qatarhappening.com or www.qatarliving.com?

    ReplyDelete