Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Birthday!

November 10th-Happy Birthday to me, my best friend Katie (Nov. 12th), and my co-trouble maker Sybil.  Of course, the day would not have been a birthday without a few laughs...

My day started with a 6am skype with a few of my good friends in Houston at my house. Tim made a birthday cake and said he would freeze a few pieces, so we could celebrate together when I return. Cute, right? Except when he called over the video message with Skype, I was not decent, not decent at all! I was wearing my birthday suit, which was fitting for the day, but not fitting for my friends (who I would like to stay my friends). He called as I was getting into the shower. Good thing Tim asked if I was decent before he moved the computer a little to the left so my friends could say "hi".   My friends almost saw a whole LOT of Courtney....Once dressed, they sang happy birthday and ate chocolate cake topped with my mom's homemade butter cream frosting (made with soy milk so I eat it).

Then...my team bought me a mini cake and sang Happy birthday. It was very nice to see 4 non-native  English speaking nationalities attempting to sing Happy Birthday in English.  Again, very cute, except they bought me a cheesecake.  Apparently, they had to beg the Hyatt Doha for something to buy as a desert at 7am in the morning. They only thing the hotel came up with was a tiny cheesecake. The irony is just hysterical!

No comments:

Post a Comment