Monday, November 22, 2010

Wild Wadi Master Blaster


 My mom and I conquered the Wild Wadi water park in Dubai, which is Dubai's #1 water park (although honestly not sure if there is much competition).  My mom, dad, and I looked like the most likely group to be entering a water park for "small and big kids" (as the concierge at the hotel described it).  We found my dad a nice spot to sit and watch our stuff while my mom and I took to the lazy river.  On the second time around, we were bombarded by a rowdy set of kids. We decided to get out of the lazy river and ended-up in a line for the "Master Blaster".  This is the ultimate of all water slides. It connects with the other 11 slides in the park.  Once we realized we were in too deep, there was no going back.  Just when we thought we had battled the worst, we hit a cross-roads; to take the Wadi twister or the Wadi blaster.  Just as I was asking my mom which one to go down, a nice park employee yelled "twister!" and gave us a big push.  We finished our 11 slide ride with the "Tunnel of Doom" which seemed appropriate for some Mid-West gals who just wanted to ride the lazy river. 

 This was one of the many things I did with my parents to Dubai.  We stayed on Jumeirah beach, went to the Souk Madinet several times, haggled at the Gold Souk, saw Ski Dubai, and enjoyed happy hour at the pool bar.

Thanks mom and dad for visiting me! I had a great time spending the past week with you. Enjoy the rest of your world tour.

Love you & can't wait to see you again soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your mom makes a better partner in crime than me! I would have turned myself around and marched my self back through the line! Glad y'all had fun~LOVED meeting the fam!

    ReplyDelete